Married with Panamanian Visa
- How do I get the work permit for married to a Panamanian national?
- What are the benefits of obtaining the Married with Panamanian Visa?
Benefits and Requirements of the Permanent Residence Permit in Panama Married with Panamanian Visa
Foreigners who have married a Panamanian citizen and who live in conditions of stability, uniqueness and continuity may apply for this residence permit (visa married to a Panamanian).
According to the immigration laws of Panama, this permit is within the permits that grant a permanent residence card for family reunification.
On the other hand, the National Migration Service could deny the entry or residence of foreigners married to Panamanians, if they have reasons of fraud, domestic economy, immorality or the social needs of foreigners married to Panamanians.
What is the Married with Panamanian Visa?
The visa of married to a Panamanian or a visa of married or married to a national, established in the immigration laws of Panama in article 220 of Law No. 3 of February 22, 2008, is an immigration procedure that allows you to obtain permanent residence to spouses (husband or wife of a Panamanian national) who have contracted a civil marriage and who can prove the absolute legitimacy of the conjugal relationship.
AbogadosPanama.Net under the direction of Panamanian Lawyer Julissa Ortega has helped and advised hundreds of people to acquire civil marriage in Panama with different prenuptial agreements.
Or if you prefer priority attention then
Contact the lawyer with an email
Religious Marriage in Panama
- Meet as much as possible in person at the law firm’s commercial premises.
- Apply for a professional services contract with your attorney.
- If you decide to work with an independent attorney, check your attorney’s credentials against the Supreme Court database.
What are the requirements to obtain a Married with Panamanian Visa?
The requirements for the Married with Panamanian Visa according to the immigration laws of Panama are the following:
- Marriage Certificate issued by the Civil Registry of Panama.
- Birth Certificate of the Panamanian Spouse, issued by the Civil Registry.
- Original passport, with a minimum validity of six (6) months.
- Duly collated copy of the passport before a notary public or corresponding Authority.
- Power of Attorney and Application through a duly notarized lawyer.
- Police Record or Criminal Background Check of the country of the last 5 years of residence. This document must be “original”, “official”, “updated” and “authenticated” (see explanation of these terms below).
- Three (3) passport-size photographs.
- Health Certificate issued by a Panamanian doctor and issued within three (3) months prior to the date of presentation. The certificate must have the doctor’s signature and seal with the name, code and registration number.
- Affidavit of Personal Record Form. Birth Certificate of the children, if any, issued by the Civil Registry.
- Copy of the valid identity card of the Panamanian spouse, authenticated by the Civil Registry.
- Notarized letter of responsibility of the Panamanian spouse. (we wrote it but his wife signed it)
- Document that proves the marital domicile (receipt of public services or lease or any other document that proves it).
- Approve the marriage interview that will be carried out by the appropriate personnel of the Disciplinary Unit, according to the time and date assigned at the time of submitting your application. In the event that they are unable to attend on the scheduled date and time, the corresponding excuse must be presented within the first three (3) business days following the agreed date.
How is the Married with Panamanian Visa interview in the offices of Migration Panama?
The marriage interview to grant the Married with Panamanian Visa is popularly considered as the “filter” and is a primary requirement used by Panamanian immigration agents to ensure that the marital relationship is legitimate and mitigate fraud attempts.
The marriage interview process for the Married with Panamanian Visa is as follows:
First one of the spouses goes to an interview where they ask him all kinds of intimate questions about his marital relationship.
They then do the one-on-one interview with the other spouse, asking them the same intimate questions about their relationship with their partner.
The method is simple but forceful: if the applicants respond differently, that is, they fail in 5 answers then their application to the Married with Panamanian Visa will be rejected and denied.
If the residence permit of married to a Panamanian national is denied and they want to reapply for this visa, they must begin a reconsideration process which incurs additional legal expenses.
What are the phases that must be traveled to obtain permanent residence with the residence permit of married to a Panamanian?
Day 1: Interview with lawyer
the meeting is held with the lawyer for the review of the requirements and the payment of the fees to initiate the immigration process.
DAY 2: (Requires only the presence of the foreigner)
The foreign applicant and the legal representative or his assistant appear before the offices of the National Migration Service of Panama to present the application for the processing of the Married with Panamanian Visa.
That same day they will give the first provisional residence card to the foreign applicant, with a validity of 6 months, they will also grant him a multiple entry and exit visa stamped on the passport that will allow him to enter and leave Panama without problems and without paying any exit tax.
DAY 3: Marriage interview (Requires only the presence of the foreigner and the Panamanian spouse)
The marriage interview will be done inside the offices of the National Immigration Service of Panama, this is the next business day after having submitted the application for the Married with Panamanian Visa.
WHAT’S NEXT AFTER THIS?
Regularly the immigration agents will indicate that you must wait 3 to 5 months while the officers in charge of reviewing documents in migration issue the resolution approving the resident permit as married to a Panamanian national.
At the time the immigration resolution is listed, the lawyer is notified by the national migration service of Panama that the resolution has been issued and from that moment they can and should attend the immigration offices in Panama to obtain a new provisional residence procedure card as married to a Panamanian national.
This new card is a provisional permit of the Married with Panamanian Visa, has a validity of 2 years and a cost of 50 dollars.
PHASE 2: Application for the Permanent Residence Permit as married to a Panamanian national
After 23 months, the foreigner can apply for a permanent residence permit.
To apply for the permanent residence permit of the Married with Panamanian Visa the applicant must provide all the requirements that they provided the first time (except the certified checks and the police record).
This time the complete process of DAY 1, DIA2 and DAY 3 of PHASE 1 is carried out again.
The day of the marriage interview (Requires only the presence of the foreigner and the Panamanian spouse)
The day after the presentation of the procedure, the foreigner must appear at the offices of the national migration service in Panama with the national for a new marriage interview (unless the couple already has 2 children, if so, the interview is not required).
That same day they will give the provisional residence card to the foreign applicant, with a validity of 6 months.
Once the immigration resolution is approved, the lawyer is notified by the national migration service of Panama that the resolution has been issued and from that moment they can and should attend the immigration offices in Panama to obtain a new permanent residence processing card as married to a Panamanian national.
COST OF PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD FOR LIFE OF MARRIED TO PANAMANIAN
This new card is a permanent permit of the Married with Panamanian Visa, has a cost of 100 dollars.
A month later migration issues a note called “Note of Cédula”, with this note the foreigner must make an appointment before the electoral tribunal, this appointment is usually granted for a few business days after requesting it.
On the day of the appointment the foreigner must appear at the electoral tribunal of Panama to make the fingerprint and facial registration and a week later you can withdraw the Cédula “E” that will be your new legal identity document to circulate in Panama
How do I get the work permit for Married with Panamanian Visa?
At the moment in which the foreigner has the provisional residence card for the Married with Panamanian Visa can apply for a work permit in Panama.
The first thing that the foreigner must do is to go to the Ministry of Labor of Panama (MITRADEL) to make the registration of foreigner, that day he can go without the lawyer.
Then the foreigner and the lawyer must appear to make the application for the work permit for the Married with Panamanian Visa.
Once the application has been entered, you must wait for the time taken by the procedure within MITRADEL until the lawyer is notified of the approval of the work permit.
After notification of the approval by MITRADEL, the lawyer and the applicant must appear to capture the fingerprint and facial data of the foreign applicant and grant him a card that identifies his work permit in Panama by the Married with Panamanian Visa.
How long is the work permit valid for the Married with Panamanian Visa?
The first work permit in Panama for applicants who have a visa married to Panamanian will be valid for 2 years, then it can be extended and its next valid will be 3 years and this every time they reapply for the extension.
What are the benefits of obtaining the Married with Panamanian Visa?
This permanent residence permit gives the foreigner the power to remain indefinitely within the Panamanian national territory with the same rights and duties of any other resident of the Republic of Panama, the most outstanding benefits are:
- It is a visa that grants the foreigner the permanent residence permit
- The foreigner may apply for a work permit before MITRADEL immediately
- The work permit of the Married with Panamanian Visa will allow you to work in any company without the company having to apply for any permit before any government institution in Panama.
- The foreigner with the Married with Panamanian Visa can contribute to the social security of Panama.
- You can request the tax resident certificate to avoid double taxation (if applicable)
Why do more and more foreigners trust the signature of Mrs. Julissa Ortega to carry out their immigration procedures in Panama?
- The attention is given by an expert in the subject with an extensive experience in migration matters in Panama.
- Provides continuous accompaniment for the applicant by the lawyer during the process of filing the procedure with the immigration authority.
- It carries out the continuous follow-up by lawyers experts in the governmental process of the processing of each applicant.
- It has a bank account opening service in Panama.
- Civil, commercial and real estate legal advice with our team of lawyers
- The cost of the consultation is reimbursable in the total cost of the procedure.
Civil Marriage in Panama